5 Unique and Powerful ways to Boost Your Confidence

Image
 5 Unique and Powerful ways to Boost Your Confidence Order in court! The trial has begun! With gossip, intrigue, mystery and suspense dangling in the air, everyone is ready to partake in this investigative journey of life - in order to reach a favourable outcome. But are we to continue to be guilty of insecurity (like I was for many, many, many years) or will we be innocent of all wrong doing and plead confident after this article? (Like where I am currently in life and have been for a while.) Well dear sleuths, there's a load of interesting ground to cover so let's smoke our imaginary detective pipe and get started. 1. Change your perception. (At number one we are talking about physical appearance only.) During those dark, stormy winter nights of my life I always felt I wasn't attractive enough and this caused me to become insecure. And I'm guessing many of you have felt or feeling this way. # AmIRight? I would look at ot

Fifteen Strong and Inspirational Quotes by Women.

Hey Sleuths.

What with it being Women's Month  (August) here in South Africa (I know for the rest of the world it's in March), I decided to investigate and choose some of the most inspirational and strong quotes by the most powerful women around the globe!

I mean we ladies have come a hell of a long way - from Emmeline Pankhurst - founder of the Suffragette Movement in 1903 which basically was a protest allowing the rights for women to vote, to modern day 2020 where women, thanks mainly to protesting through the decades, can now savor plenty more chances and opportunities. BUT there still is a great deal of climbing, shouting, opposing, explaining, standing up to do etc in order to be fully and ubiquitously seen as equals.

And that will probably take another X amount of years.

For now, as we climb up the ladder together, with both men and women as our cheerleaders, let's celebrate us strong women with some kick-ass, sassy, inspirational, and uplifting quotes.




These quotes are going to remind you just how much of a queen you already are! There's also inspirational quotes for women who need a little pick me up, because let's face it, we all doubt and question ourselves periodically, and most times these doubts and fears come from society or the people around us who tell us women what to do, how to feel, how to act etc, but the trick is to not let those fears and words rule over us. We can do anything we put our minds to! 

So grab your cocktail / wine / coffee / juice / smoothie and your favorite snack (mine has to be a slice of chocolate cake with a thick seductive chocolate icing), and read on.

PS: I know many strong women who have experienced some sort of oppression so I hope that on this blogging journal of smoking my imaginary detective pipe and choosing and analyzing quotes, that some or all of these amazing words stay in your heart and motivate you to never give up on life's beautiful journey, whether you are a wife, housewife, mum, bossbabe, babe, entrepreneur, employee, employer, self-employed, freelancer, creator, nurturer, philanthropist, leader, follower etc.

Here we go:

1."If I stop to kick every barking dog, I am not going to get where I am going." - Jackie Joyner Kersee. (One of the all time best track and field athlete.) 

2."I was smart enough to go through any door that opened." - Joan Rivers. (She was a comedian, actress, writer, producer and television host.)





3."Knowing what must be done, does away with fear." - Rosa Parks. (She was an American Activist and also known as 'Mother of the freedom movement.')

4."Power's not given to you. You have to take it." - Beyonce. (One of the best selling singers in the world. She is also a songwriter, record producer, dancer, actress and filmmaker.)


5."Normal is not something to aspire to - it's something to get away from." - Jodie Foster. (Award winning actress and director.)


6."There are two kinds of people, those who do the work and those who take the credit. Try and be in the first group - there is less competition there." - Indira Ghandi. (The first female Indian Prime Minister of India.)


7."Women should do for themselves what men have already done - occasionally what men have not done - thereby establishing themselves as persons, and perhaps encouraging other women toward greater independence of thought and action." - Amelia Earheart. (Aviator and author and the first female aviator to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean.)


8."Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness." Oprah Winfrey. (Talk show host, actress, television producer, media executive, philanthropist.)





9."If you are to free yourselves you must break the chain of oppression yourselves. Only then can we express our dignity, only when we have liberated ourselves can we co-operate with other groups. Any acceptance of humiliation, indignity, or insult is acceptance of inferiority." - Winnie Madikizela Mandela. (South African anti apartheid activist and politician.)

10."I stand for simple justice, equal opportunity and human rights. The indispensable elements in a democratic society - and well worth fighting for." - Helen Suzman.  (South African anti apartheid activist and politician.)


11."If they don't give you a seat at the table, bring a folding chair." - Shirley Chisholm. (American politician and author. First black women elected to the United States Congress.)


12."There is no limit to what we as women can accomplish." - Michelle Obama. (American attorney and author and first African American First Lady.)


13."I am a woman with thoughts and questions and shit to say. I say if I'm beautiful. I say if I'm strong. You will not determine my story, I will." - Amy Schumer. (Comedian and actress.)


14."Each time a woman stands up for herself, she stands up for all women." - Maya Angelou. (American poet and civil rights activist.)


15."Wathint' Abafazi, Wathint' Imbokodo. (Translation 'You strike a woman, you strike a rock.") This famous, inspirational words comes from the resistance song sang at the Women's March in 1956 as South African women protested against oppression. 



What is your favorite quote by a powerful lady? (Any lady including mum, sister, friend, celebrity).


Let me know and have a beautiful women's month / year!










Comments

  1. I love this! I Especially like the one from Rosa Parks. I hadn't heard that particular one before. Thanks for putting these together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Glad you enjoyed. I loved sifting through all these quotes and choosing one, they were a pick me up for me as well!

      Delete
  2. Mine will have to Beyoncé’s 😍 and also had no idea it was Women’s Month in South Africa. Happy Women’s Month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes I love Beyonce. She's beautiful, smart, talented vocal. She has tons of these really inspiring sayings. 😊

      Delete
  3. My favorite quote was Michelle Obama’s. Happy Women’s Month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle's was also one of my fav! I wish for all us ladies to stand together and be stronger than ever :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is a Murder Mystery Dinner Game?

How to use a daily planner in a fun and efficient way.