5 Unique and Powerful ways to Boost Your Confidence

Image
 5 Unique and Powerful ways to Boost Your Confidence Order in court! The trial has begun! With gossip, intrigue, mystery and suspense dangling in the air, everyone is ready to partake in this investigative journey of life - in order to reach a favourable outcome. But are we to continue to be guilty of insecurity (like I was for many, many, many years) or will we be innocent of all wrong doing and plead confident after this article? (Like where I am currently in life and have been for a while.) Well dear sleuths, there's a load of interesting ground to cover so let's smoke our imaginary detective pipe and get started. 1. Change your perception. (At number one we are talking about physical appearance only.) During those dark, stormy winter nights of my life I always felt I wasn't attractive enough and this caused me to become insecure. And I'm guessing many of you have felt or feeling this way. # AmIRight? I would look at ot

12 Fun and Productive things to do during Lockdown



COVID-19.  Lockdown

F*ck, I know right.


All this social distancing became an eye-opener for me three weeks ago here in South Africa.

It was Saturday night, 7pm, that I decided to take a drive around my area. 

Now, I live in a vibey, upbeat place occupied in sports fields, pubs, bars and restaurants. There’s ALWAYS evening joggers, soccer, laughing, dancing, drinking (a whole lot of drinking!) and maybe even some amateur two seconds of fighting and swearing the other person’s mum or throwing a banana at the person who took your parking spot.

But not this weekend.

After our President ruled that all bars and restaurants were to be closed at 6pm, it was a sad revelation witnessing everything around me all dark and eerily silent on a Saturday night. Driving through was like driving through a ghost town. I was hit hard then and there, thinking about the fatalities, the fear and the possible failing economy here and worldwide. 
However, the most part of me was glad that people were adhering to rules and staying indoors.


Not my ghost town, but a picture of a ghost town nevertheless  

*It’s always best in situations like these to be safe for you and your loved ones!*

But what’s a gal (or guy) to do while social distancing themselves from the world? Here are some options:

NOTE: A week after that drive, the President of South Africa declared a 21 day lockdown which is where I currently am and due to all the changes, it’s taken me three weeks to write this blog. But anyway here I am:

12 fun and productive things to do during lockdown 


(Ways we can all get through this “lonely” period and stay strong for each other so that soon, life can go back to the beautiful chaos of normality.)

1. Train you Brain
Get your hands on  Get yourself crosswords, trivia quizzes or sudoku. It’s a great way to pass time while training your neurons. There’s plenty of apps like these to download or you can use ones that appear in newspapers. Scout through your old newspapers if they’ve been lying at the bottom of your  cupboard. (I bet you’re glad you kept ‘em now.)

2. Cooking / Baking
You wanted to try that new Mac and Cheese recipe you saw on Jamie Oliver’s cooking show. Or you feel it’s time you tried your hand at baking. Go ahead. This is a fun way to get through those indoor days. Up your cooking game, experiment in the kitchen or attempt to make something when you have never cooked or baked. What’s the worst that could happen? (Well, apart from burnt food or a kitchen. But if you just keep an eye on the stove and timing all should be good!)


My first attempt at making lemon meringue pie. Though I flopped on the meringue part. Still it was tasty lol


3. Learn to dance.
C’mon you can do this! No one is watching you and even if they are, it will only be family members, roomates or your better half. There’s plenty tutorials online for beginners, amateur and those who want to improve their dance technique. It’s great, because you will be learning and getting a workout at the same time! Who knows, maybe even after the lockdown you can parade your new skill at the club down the road! (And call me if you are 'cos this writer loves to dance!)

https://youtu.be/JBRekQa-nNw

(I am a Matt Stefanina fan so this is one of his dance link tutorials that I follow and pasted for you if you want to learn as well!) *No affiliation, I'm just a fan*

4. Colour and Paint
Purchase a colouring book and crayons, - yes the ones meant for kids but hey live a little.  It’s cheap and beautifully soothing to colour. Just try and stay within the lines! And if you do, don’t be embarrassed to give yourself a gold star! Also now can be the IDEAL time learning to paint or draw if you ever aspired to do so.

5. Family Cam or chat
One of the more depressing things about lockdown is being isolated from family and friends that do not dwell with you. Use this opportunity if you can to video call all loved ones. Or spend some time on your phone chatting to them. This will really mean a lot and I hate to say this but the frightening reality, especially during this fatal pandemic, is we don’t know who will be infected and when will be the last time we see our family and friends, so please keep in touch! Make them smile and have a laugh along the way, until all is well with the world and hugs will once again be  a lovely common factor in living. Aaaaah hugs!
Also reach out on social media if you're feeling lonely and connect to those you can relate to, talk with or have a laugh with. 


6. Spring Clean
Ok this is something I need to do too! This will keep you wonderfully busy and since we all ‘never have time to spring clean’…uhmm…guess what….now you can. And so can I (reminder to self). Spring cleaning means making sure every nook and cranny in the house is dusted and properly scrubbed.  And if you want to, you can even REARRANGE your place! Move the beds and couches around as desired. And don’t forget to dust the top of those damn shelves! (Uhmm another reminder to self.)

Via Giphy


7. Binge Watch
Who would ever think the world would be encouraging people to spend time chatting on their phone and watching TV / You Tube. But in an ironic twist of fate I’m going to say, please go ahead and do that! The most important thing about lockdown is being indoors for your safety and everyone else but also keeping yourself sane and healthy - physically and mentally. So don’t feel guilty about watching what you want. Even if it’s catching up on an old series or the latest movie. Whatever it is, I’m sure almost everyone out there won’t complain to a box of popcorn, cuddling on their couch and viewing some entertainment to pass a few hours every day. (Also if you are a Pretty Little Liars fan, please don’t tell me who “A” is, I need to catch up on that one! : ) )


8. Read
If you’re a fan of reading, then this is a convenient time to immerse yourself in some classics or mysteries or romance. Or even read up on books that talk about success and the mind. (I’m going to be positive and predict that as long as everyone keeps safe and stays safe and stays AT HOME during lockdown then our near future should look much better concerning the corona virus and we will be ready to slay again!) So keep those brain cells informed by reading. Even if you’re not a fan of this amazing activity, have shorter reading sessions like blog articles or the news.

9. Work on your business
One of the saddest, truly concerning fact about the corona virus, apart from the many heartbreaking deaths is many people are in the midst of losing their company, their job or have lost it already. I pray and hope that each Government / President is able to provide and compensate for this in some way. I know many of my family members are also in the same crisis and possibly even me if the lockdown in South Africa goes longer than 21 days. But for those who can work from home during the lockdown period, please proceed to do so. Whether it be you working for your company, or yourself or taking time out to start something new we should stick to filling hours doing jobs from home. I, personally am using the lockdown period for blogging, writing and designing which is my part time job. Hours can go by with this and at least you know you are being productive. And productive is always a good thing! So if you’re able to, work away soldiers!

10. Different Eras
If you’ve always wanted to live in a different decade, now you can from the comfort of your home! You can go back to the flapper era (1920’s) or 50’s or 80’s or even victorian. Any decade really. Look through your cupboard for any clothes that closely resemble your decade of choice; prepare foods from that time and get on you tube to play the relevant music. This is especially fun to execute if you are on lockdown with kids or your parents or teenagers. But hey, if you’re alone as well this helps! We all love a bit of time travel right? You can get as crazy and authentic as you like. Just remember to come back to reality once you are done.

Via Giphy


11. Exercise
Yes. I said it. It’s very tempting during a lockdown to sleep most of the day away and spend nights watching TV or on You Tube and avoid any physical action. *Hello to the red eye, unkempt hair, repeated nightwear three nights in a row, peeps* 
But now more than ever, you need to keep your exercise routine going or start developing one. There are two imperative reasons why. 1. You need to keep healthy and allow your immune system to be as strong as it can be. 2. Exercise will help to physically and mentally stimulate you, so that even amidst this ‘dark’ time you manage to keep positive. Trust me, you will feel happier and rejuvenated after a good exercise session. For those people who prefer outdoor jogging or gym - I miss my walks and jogs in the park too so I get you!- do the best you can in the meantime. If the lockdown does not allow you to have a daily walk, then exercise at home with You Tube tutorials, skipping, jumping around, dancing, kickboxing, squats, dumbells, exercise machines, yoga etc.

12. Document yourself
It’s OK at this point to feel scared, worried or to want to add a bit of humour during this gloomy period. Whatever you are feeling, spend some time writing it down on your journal, blog, diary, or start a podcast or a You Tube channel. It’s an awesome way to get your feelings out, connect with others and utilize your time.

Along with the above don’t forget to always consume plenty of water, work on any indoor hobbies and eat as healthy as you can.

Be kind, be strong, obey the laws, don’t play the blame game and always be good to others and yourself!

WE CAN AND WILL GET THROUGH THIS TOGETHER!



I hope you enjoyed my tips on things to do during lockdown! I tried to keep this blog as light-hearted as I could despite what we, the world in unison, are experiencing.

*On my next blog I am hoping to deliver more about the Corona Virus and it’s origin and this will lean towards a slightly more serious blog. (You may need wine or a hot drink.)*

For now, how are you all handling a lockdown. Are you OK? And are you currently in lockdown mode?

Please comment or let’s talk. I would love to know!

Comments

  1. I've done a similar post on my blog. I love your idea of living in a different era - that would be fun. I don't have any suitable clothing but it would be interesting to do the research...

    Marie
    www.marieceline.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes going back in time is always fun! I did the 80s one at home. Played 80s music all day, teased my hair as much as I could, wore plenty colorful clothes etc..was crazy but had great laughs!
    Hope you enjoy your 'time travel' and I would love to read your blog as well! xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fifteen Strong and Inspirational Quotes by Women.

What is a Murder Mystery Dinner Game?

How to use a daily planner in a fun and efficient way.