5 Unique and Powerful ways to Boost Your Confidence

Image
 5 Unique and Powerful ways to Boost Your Confidence Order in court! The trial has begun! With gossip, intrigue, mystery and suspense dangling in the air, everyone is ready to partake in this investigative journey of life - in order to reach a favourable outcome. But are we to continue to be guilty of insecurity (like I was for many, many, many years) or will we be innocent of all wrong doing and plead confident after this article? (Like where I am currently in life and have been for a while.) Well dear sleuths, there's a load of interesting ground to cover so let's smoke our imaginary detective pipe and get started. 1. Change your perception. (At number one we are talking about physical appearance only.) During those dark, stormy winter nights of my life I always felt I wasn't attractive enough and this caused me to become insecure. And I'm guessing many of you have felt or feeling this way. # AmIRight? I would look at ot

Top 13 Female Singers Who Can Dance.

"To dance is to be out of yourself. Larger, more beautiful, more powerful...This is power, it is glory on earth and it is yours for the taking."  Agnes De Mille.

Hey sleuths.

How many of you curious detectives and aspiring boss babes, or already made boss babes, love to dance?

Even if it's just as a hobby in your room - with all the curtains closed?

Me personally, I am a LOVER of dancing. Certainly not the best at it...BUT I often do it in my house when no one is looking- so much so, that I think I should invest in a pole and call it a profession? Hmmmm.....

Anyway dancing also helps keep me in shape so that's an all round YAY! 

So in light of lockdown (meaning I have more time than usual) and because of my LOVE of dancing, I decided to investigate, analyse and compile my list of:

 Top 13 female singers who can dance!


*On a side note, a vast amount of these ladies danced and peaked at different decades, and their style of movement varies. So it's not a list of who is the best hip hop dancer, or best street dancer,  or who can pop 'n lock the best. This is simply my thoughts of female singers who can dance to the best of their ability in their own style and way, and who (I think) slays it immaculately.*

There's so many other singers who can dance as well, like Pink, Christina Aguilera, Christina Milian, Mya the list goes on and one etc but after smoking a fake cigar and watching endless music videos, I had to round it off to those who, after investigation, I think deserve to be in my list of top 13.

Excluding girl groups and focusing only on individual ladies, here we go.


13. NICOLE SCHERZINGER

Nicole started off as the lead singer in the group Pussycat Dolls. Yeah you remember that burlesque / pop group that was belting out hit after hit during the 2000's?  And while they are back again, whooohoooo, Nicole did go solo for a lengthy period of time. From dancing in a group, to dancing on her own and even partaking in Dancing with the Stars, Nicole has proven that she can handle pop, burlesque and latin movements incredibly well. She exudes style and sexiness and so earns my number 13 spot. 
Here is one of her videos thats shows her flexibility and rhythm. Nicole Scherzinger - Bang.



12. MADONNA

An absolute legend, Madonna proves that throughout decades she not only can sing, she dances really well too! This is evident in her concerts and most of her music videos. Her iconic video and song Vogue, popularized the dance move of the same name, which had everyone 'striking a pose' in the 1990's and even years later. So if you're bored at home during lockdown, play the video and try the epic dance done by the legend herself.  And don't forget to let me know how it went! 

11. PAULA ABDUL

If you grew up in the late 80's or 90's or have a love of music from that time, you surely must know Paula Abdul! Paula delivered some great hits as a singer but yes you guessed it, she can move as well. She started dancing at the age of eight years old and her love for the craft stayed with her throughout her career of singing. She is known for her high energy pop dancing - but her exemplary music video Straight Up, shows another side of Paula - in which she tap dances beautifully - with moves inspired by the infamous Gene Kelly's dancing and "Singin' in the Rain.". 



10. BRITNEY SPEARS

Love her or hate her we have to admit Britney can dance y'all! She first came onto the scene with her smasher of a song Hit Me Baby One More Time, and this is where we were introduced to her  pop movements too! She has stayed true to her dance style as seen in concerts and plenty of her music videos. For me, Britney's "Slave for you," video was one of her most iconic songs - it was laced with a sweet blend of seductive choreography that made us all sit up and say, "wow, I fu*kn' want to dance like that!'



9. JENNIFER LOPEZ

One of my all time favourite entertainers - I love her music, style and confidence. I mean seriously what can she NOT do?! She needs no introduction really, and whether you know this or not, I'm going to state it anyway - she started of as a professional dance performer! Her smooth, slick, high energy pop / hip hop moves has lived with her all through the years and her love for dancing is obvious when we see her on stage or in her music videos slaying the beats as she twists and sways her body, hips and feet.

8. TINA TURNER
Tina Turner could never get such gorgeous, defined long legs if she wasn't using it all the time. (I'm talking about dancing of course.) She insists that dancing should be feet and hips, not pelvic thrusts.. And true to her word, that's the way Tina moved. She really was one of the best dancers of her time! High energy, big legs, big hips, was what she brought to stage and while she didn't start of as a dancer, there's no denying...there's rhythm flowing through her veins!



7. RIHANNA

Work, work, work work work...something something...work work work...

Remember that song, (some people love it, others find it annoying - I fall in the latter...sorrynotsorry) but despite that, the video Work by Rihanna, showed us (and Drake) that she could TWERK! But Rihanna is no stranger to twerking and gyrating her hips or moving her legs sensually and on point to the music. I love Rihanna and it's easy to see, she has a healthy dose of dance genes embedded in her! Her moves come naturally and she's able to understand and adapt to her choreography as well which is why for me, she makes my list.

6. BEYONCE

Why wouldn't Queen Bey be here? She's high energy, talented, classy, and sassy when she 'pops' and 'hips hops'. She knows exactly how to move every inch of her body, from her chest to hips to legs to booty! Like Rihanna, she has natural rhythm and is known for her twerking and gyrations. Her amazing choreography pushes boundaries at times, but still Beyonce always delivers with powerful skill and professional looking moves. 
There's so many extraordinary dance videos of hers out there but to me Beyonce's Run the World is one of her best -  highlighting her variety and adeptness at dancing. And one of the most compelling lyrics too!



5. MISSY ELLIOT

This is a woman who can flaunt her body without having to go over the top! She's slick and talented and I don't know anyone who can ever say Missy cannot dance! Because the reality is, DAMN, she knows how to get down (or up or sideways) and work the floor!
See for yourself! Missy Elliot's Get Ur Freak on!




4. AALIYAH

She was a sensation and although she is no longer with us :( RIP, the legend of her music, singing and dancing lives on twenty years later and is still admired by many. She made dancing look effortless, and unlike many of the other dancers on my list, her moves were not "flamboyant" or big - rather she flowed naturally, polished and smooth. She was immensely gifted with dancing and although she passed away at the young age of twenty -two, she managed to captivate all those who knew her and watched her. Including me. 




3. SHAKIRA

I think the dictionary should re define the word 'dancing' as Shakira because really, this pop infused, mixed with belly dancing and flexible Columbian delight is a legendary dancer! Her hips really don't lie and I don't know any other lady that can sway and move their hips the way she does! (And I have tried many times, but alas...I think I should stick to writing- after a glass or two of wine.) It's pure ecstacy watching Shakira's music videos or watching her perform on stage because she has such amazing rhythm - definitely on a league of her own.  **We bow down Shakira. We bow down.**




2. CIARA

Do you know what ice -cream or chocolate tastes like? Well, if you don't, (firstly what the freakn hell are you??) and secondly, its yummy, refreshing and addictive. Kinda what it feels like watching Ciara dance. She knows how to move her hips. She knows how to move her booty. She has amazing leg work when moving her feet. She's unbelievably flexible! And she knows how to put that all together in sequence and movement unlike any other. One of the best hip hop and pop dancers ever, I put Ciara at number 2 'cos she damn well deserves it! Honestly, I don't think there's a single move out there she cannot slay!!
Watch one of her best dance videos that shows why she's at my number 2 spot! Ciara - Ride




1. Janet Jackson
I dare you to disagree with me! Miss Jackson was probably dancing in style and to the beat in her mum's belly! Great dancing runs through the blood of the Jackson family and Janet inherited her share for sure! With dancing already in her genes, Janet excels in this field. She moves every inch of her body with precision and skill and always makes it look sexy and effortless. She's an inspiration to many female dancers too,  and while some singers have come close to being able to dance as well as her, Janet is and will always be...untouchable!




Honorary mention:
GINGER ROGERS

Ginger Rogers was a singer, actress and dancer during the 1930's and 40's. Her tap dancing skills were exceptional and the way she danced painted a picture as if she were floating in the air. It was beautiful to watch, and she is known as one of the best dancers of all time! Watch one of my favourite dance scene of hers with Fred Astaire!!! 


So sleuths, do you agree with my list? Or what are your own observations and analysis? Let me know in comments! 

For now...happy dancing! (I'm off to find a pole.) 














Comments

  1. Wow some absolute classics here. In particular, although I was never a fan, I remember clearly watching Britney Spears video for Slave 4 u for the very first time and being almost mesmerised!

    I do love a good dance, definitely enjoying a kitchen dance from time to time x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fifteen Strong and Inspirational Quotes by Women.

What is a Murder Mystery Dinner Game?

How to use a daily planner in a fun and efficient way.