5 Unique and Powerful ways to Boost Your Confidence

Image
 5 Unique and Powerful ways to Boost Your Confidence Order in court! The trial has begun! With gossip, intrigue, mystery and suspense dangling in the air, everyone is ready to partake in this investigative journey of life - in order to reach a favourable outcome. But are we to continue to be guilty of insecurity (like I was for many, many, many years) or will we be innocent of all wrong doing and plead confident after this article? (Like where I am currently in life and have been for a while.) Well dear sleuths, there's a load of interesting ground to cover so let's smoke our imaginary detective pipe and get started. 1. Change your perception. (At number one we are talking about physical appearance only.) During those dark, stormy winter nights of my life I always felt I wasn't attractive enough and this caused me to become insecure. And I'm guessing many of you have felt or feeling this way. # AmIRight? I would look at ot

What is a Murder Mystery Dinner Game?


What is a Murder Mystery Dinner Game?


Hey sleuths! 

I am so damn happy to blog about this because of course, I love being a detective and I know you do to! With anything in life really. 


Tons of people have asked me, what is a murder mystery dinner game -  therefore let me explain this in the most unconventional and exciting way that I can while smoking my imaginary pipe!
Detective Thinking about the murder mystery

Y'all ready for this?
OK.
Today…I am not me.
I’m Esmeralda Anne Griffith, a 25-year-old telephone operator.
It’s the year 1926 and I’m with a group of my closest friends at a speakeasy party in a friend’s house basement. It’s essential that we be discreet; we don’t want the police to find out that this type of party is going on because according to the prohibition act, alcohol is banned!
Yet, the bath tub is immersed in a variety of alcoholic drinks. So, do we care about the prohibition act? No, we do not! For this is the age of defiance and ebullience!
I look especially hotsy-totsy (attractive) in my knee length shift dress, white stockings and cloche hat. Plenty of dancing, drinking, smoking, and laughing is had by all.
That is until, someone gets murdered! What’s even more shocking is that the murderer is among us; a so-called family or friend that’s been partying in our midst.
We cannot go to the bulls (police) and report the tragedy so it’s up to us to find out who the murderer is!
Thank goodness there is a snooper (detective) that has been partying with us as well. Together with his help, each one of us is required to mingle with the others in the name of investigating.
Questions are asked and alibis given, most of them truths but a handful of them cleverly concocted lies. The murderer knows exactly how to cover his / her tracks so attempting to find out who the killer is proves to be challenging.
That does not stop the rest of us though. Justice must prevail!
Jazz music permeates softly in the background while the mingling and investigation continues. We munch on snacks and sip on cocktails as explanations and accusations are thrown about.
Throughout the conversations, dirty secrets and juicy lies are revealed, some of which have nothing to do with the murder. Still, it’s fun to know. I mean who have thought that Susan makes her husband do the family’s ironing! The shame!
Darker secrets than that are exposed but I cannot possibly bring it to light now.
After an approximate two hours, each person has an idea in their head of who the murderer is. But who guessed right and who was led astray in this intricate weave of a murder mystery…?
I step out of the colourful and rebellious 1920’s and back to my time, back to the real me.
I have just played my first murder mystery dinner game and thoroughly enjoyed it!


This is me and this is what I love doing. Mystery and writing.
I’m a huge fan of mystery! Anything from mystery novels, crime and mystery television shows, unsolved mysteries of the world, even the beautiful enigma of the universe –: space- time, blackholes etc.
There’s something about the unknown that appeals to my thirsty mind.
With that being said, I also consider myself a fashionista.
So, when I first heard about murder mystery dinner games I was immediately intrigued. I mean here was something that partnered mystery with fashion (from any era)!
 Add to that food and drinks (and yes I’m talking about alcohol; although non -alcoholic drinks are also served), music, friends and laughter - and we have an ideal recipe combining all my favorite elements into one activity!

So what exactly is a murder mystery dinner game?
Using the 1920’s example I provided above, that is more or less how a murder mystery dinner party is played.
But let me explain further:
Each murder mystery has a set number of players that are required.  The numbers vary from game to game.
Larger mystery games allow for players from 20 – 100 players, even 200 or more.
More intimate murder mystery games cater for around 4 – 20 players.
Depending on the game and the number of players that each game caters for, murder mysteries can be played at functions, by companies, by friends and families, at birthdays parties, showers etc.
Now, with this types of game there is a need for a host and their role, (depending on the writing style of the brand game,) is to host only, or they have a choice to host and play.
Most mysteries incorporate a manual for the host to utilise. This manual guides the host  on how to prepare for the big night as well as do’s and don’ts of hosting on game night so even first time hosts will have no trouble arranging the mystery. Yay!
One of the exciting aspects of murder mystery games is the theme! Each mystery has its own theme and these themes can be set in any decade - past, present, future and anywhere in the world!
Like having a murder mystery game that occurs in the pyramids of Egypt or maybe in a museum in France or a murder mystery that takes place in the 1950’s. Imagine that!
Dressing up according to the theme is equally exciting. Once the hosts sends out the invites and once players have confirmed that they are attending, the guests can then focus on sorting out their costume while the host prepares for the big night.
On game day:
The venue is usually decorated for the game according to the theme. Players enter the venue dressed as their character and once all players are present, the game begins.

Most mysteries break the game down into rounds and on the night of the game, players are given character booklets / sheets or scripts to use as a guide for the duration of all the rounds.
During the early part of the game a victim “dies.” (Some murder mysteries have the murder occur first and then the game begins.)

A coroner’s report is read and this where things get even more heated up! The next few rounds consists of:
-mingling
-players asking questions,
-giving alibis,
- investigating
-and maybe jotting down any notes if they need.

In between it all secrets and fascinating truths, some that have nothing to do with the murder but rather about the characters themselves, are revealed.
At the end of the game, everyone guesses who the murderer is. The murderer is finally revealed and award certificates are handed out to best detective / player in solving the case! Awards are also handed out for best costume and most convincing actor/ actress.

The dinner part of a murder mystery game is when food is served as characters mingle with each other throughout the game.
Dinner can be served as a two or three course meal, or served as finger foods. Food is not always an option in these games, but since the approximate time for the games can be anywhere from 1 – 3 hours, it’s nice to have some snacks on the table at least!


Note: *With Jade Brey Murder Mystery Dinner Games, I decided to add a fun and unique touch to my mystery games, known as the dance off. Since I do love dancing as well, all my mysteries have an option of a music and dance segment.* 

So there you have it, the basic explanation of a murder mystery game.

I LOVE playing murder mysteries, but more so I enjoy writing them!

My aim in writing all of my murder mystery games is to create a challenge for the detective in us to solve, (I mean, there is a detective inside every one of us and where’s the enjoyment of an easy mystery?) Most of all, I write all my mysteries with the goal of having each player enjoy themselves to the fullest, with loads of laughing and imprinting a memorable night for all!

Murder mystery dinner games really are the bee’s knees!

PS: If this has intrigued you, and you want to host or play an interactive mystery game simply go online and search murder mystery games and choose the best one that fits your liking! Due to Covid-19 there are also some murder game sites that offer a zoom version including my store as well.

Or if you want, take a look at my Etsy store for murder mystery games like this one:





Happy sleuthing everyone!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fifteen Strong and Inspirational Quotes by Women.

How to use a daily planner in a fun and efficient way.